Professional 3D Printer
Multi-material composite materials 3D printer
Large, high-quality multi-material parts in a single build.
3D Systems’ ProJet® 5500X delivers the highest quality, most accurate and toughest multi-material composites based on 3D Systems’ latest MultiJet Printing (MJP) technology. The ProJet 5500X simultaneously prints and fuses together flexible and rigid material composites layer by layer at the pixel level in a variety of colors and shades including opaque, clear, black or white and numerous shades of gray. 3D Systems’ printed multi-material composites result in stunningly realistic, functional, large and small prototypes and products for a wide range of manufacturers, designers and engineers.
The ProJet 5500X delivers fast composite material print speeds using breakthrough materials with properties that can be easily varied within a single part. This new VisiJet® composite family of materials is precisely mixed by the ProJet 5500X print head on-the-fly to achieve superior mechanical properties and custom performance characteristics and comes with a 5-year print head warranty. With so many options, the ProJet 5500X is perfect for a variety of applications, including overmolded parts, multi-material assemblies, rubber-like components, long-lasting living hinges and high-temperature testing.
With its industrial-grade print head, the ProJet 5500X prints up to two times faster than any other printer in its class, and produces more than 60% larger volume than all other comparable systems, producing larger parts up to half a meter long, or more parts per print job.
- Have more material options – Print the precise variety of engineered plastic or rubber you need, no assembly required.
- Make quality, exact parts – Produce the most detailed, most accurate multi-material parts with superior strength, stability and temperature performance.
- Fit your part size requirements - High throughput to quickly print a large variety of small or big precision parts.
- Increase productivity – The ProJet 5500X features fast build speeds, ease of use, and hands-free post processing, all at lower cost of ownership.
- Maximize spending – By using less material than similar printers, and a 5-year guarantee on the print head, the ProJet 5500X offers a lower TCO.
- Vary tone and clearness – Print stunning clear parts as well as parts in white, black and select shades of grey.
HD Mode 375 x 375 x 790 DPI; 32μ (0.0012 in) layers
UHD Mode 750 x 750 x 890 DPI; 29μ (0.0011 in) layers