Make almost anything your heart desires out of ABS and PLA plastic with this 3D printer. The PrismX 3D Printer is an Open-Source reprap printer designed for precision, performance, and affordability. Features include a strong black anodized aluminum frame with solid molded plastic parts, exceptional frame alignment and performance, and deluxe components.
Whether you're new to 3D printing or an experienced maker, this is the printer for you! Designed and manufactured in the USA and based on the original Mendel (Selles) design, this printer is a beauty that will serve you for years to come.
The PrismX is an open-source 3D printer that uses thermoplastic extrusion to build objects layer-by-layer from plastic. You can build all sorts of things using a 3D printer, and even print with other materials like chocolate and various types of plastic (with modifications). A PrismX is a great introduction to the world of DIY 3D printing.
PrismX 3D Printer Highlights
- Offered here with pre-assembled option and as a kit. Pre-assembled machines are virtually plug-and-play with a couple of adjustments from the user.
- DIY Kits. The PrismX is one of the easiest and fastest printers to assemble, beginner or expert. Excellent frame alignment is easy to achieve, especially for beginners.
- Excellent frame alignment. This is often overlooked in 3D printers and results in a myriad of problems that leave users, especially new users, with long-lasting problems.
- Speed. Excellent frame alignment and lightweight components such as Universal Y-Plate are essential help maintain print quality at top speeds.
- Print Quality. Reliably prints 75 micron layer heights with a 0.5mm-diameter nozzle. Thinner layer heights reliable with thinner nozzles.
- Build Volume is approximately 500 cubic inches. Over 8-inches on each axis (X, Y, Z).
- Deluxe components: see below for the complete lists.
- Designed and manufactured in USA (from largely domestic and some imported materials)
PrismX printing at 400mm/s infill, 200mm/s perimeter, 750mm/s travel
The PrismX is consistent, reliable, accurate, and downright fast. With the 00str00der belt-driven extruder, plastic molded, parts, and a trove of deluxe machined components, the PrismX is built to last. Pre-assembled machines are completely assembled and pre-tested in Boulder, Colorado, USA. They're ready to print out of the box. DIY kits include everything that comes with a pre-assembled machine.
The PrismX in these photos has blue plastic parts. Black + black is the standard color for the PrismX 3D Printer, although colors may vary.