Ice9 is our first budget laser sintering printer, designed for printing plastics models (nylon or Ployamide based materials – see this page for further details).
No more friable and unfinished objects that need surface treatment and still can't be used in production, but real plastic functional prototypes that you can safely test and use.
Forget expensive tooling and molds for your prototypes or small series production, now you can make your final modelalmost without leaving your desk.
Another interesting feature of the Ice9 SLS printer is the engraving/cutter function. You will be able to work on materials such as wood, paper, foam, or felt. The laser will draw or cut whatever you want simply using a standard vector file made withAdobe Illustrator or Inkscape, just to name a few.
- Printer size: 1500x1025x410mm
- Layer thickness: 0.1 - 0.15mm
- Average print speed: 10 to 30mm/hour
- Powder feeding mode: Two-way powder feed system
- Scanning system: Theta lens focusing, high-accuracy magnetic encoder
- 40 W tube laser
- Scan speed during build process: up to 4 m/s
- Laser power control system: PWM Digital signal
- Power Supply: 230VAC，50/60Hz，5KVA
- Software: Manual and automatic control mode; Real-time build parameters modification; Three-dimensional Visualization; Open Source Platforms