This is the little "desktop" brother of the bigger Ice9.
If you don't have the big-print-size needs of the Ice9, Ice1 is the way to go, allowing you to print 20x20x25 plastic prototypes.
Ice1 is a small form factor, low budget SLS printer, designed for printing nylon or polyamide based materials (see thematerials page).
Thanks to the laser sintering technology, you can print functional prototypes made with real plastic, and you can safely test and use them in production environment. Further more, they don't need surface treatment required by standard FDM 3D printed models.
Forget expensive tooling and molds for your prototypes or small series production, now you can make your final model almost without leaving your desk.
Another interesting feature of the Ice9 SLS printer is the engraving/cutter function. You will be able to work on materials such as wood, paper, foam, or felt. The laser will draw or cut whatever you want simply using a standard vector file made withAdobe Illustrator or Inkscape, just to name a few.
- Printer size: 900x300x350mm
- Layer thickness: 0.1 - 0.15mm
- Average print speed: 8 to 25mm/hour
- Powder feeding mode: Two-way powder feed system
- Scanning system: Theta lens focusing, high-accuracy magnetic encoder
- Solid state 10 W laser
- Scan speed during build process: up to 3 m/s
- Laser power control system: PWM Digital signal
- Power Supply: 230VAC，50/60Hz，5KVA
- Software: Manual and automatic control mode; Real-time build parameters modification; Three-dimensional Visualization; Open Source Platforms